Freelancing Tips for Beginners: You can get different jobs depending on your skills and experience in the freelancing marketplace. Easy tasks include Search Engine Optimization, Article Writing, Data Entry, etc. Of course, since the tasks are easy, bidding is the most common and it is difficult to get them all of a sudden. A little harder than these are Web Development, Product Development, Software Development, Graphics Designing, etc. Hard work pays more than easy work.
What you do depends on what you feel comfortable doing and what your needs are in the marketplace. Always try to balance these two things.
Rates are determined based on how complex your work is, how long it will take to complete, and experience. Fixed payment operations range from $30 to $1,000 or more.
How to bid and freelancing tips for Beginners
There are two main types of bidding:
Project Fee: When a project is offered in the marketplace, you can bid on how much you will charge to complete the entire project.
Hourly Rate: In this method, you can bid on how much you will be paid per hour to work for a project.
How to withdraw money:
- Bank-to-Bank Wire Transfer: For freelancing tips for Beginners we discuss details about withdraw money. You can bring money directly to your bank account from some marketplaces. However, this cannot be done from all marketplaces, in which case you can use various online money transaction services. In this method, your money will first be credited to your account in the marketplace in dollars. After receiving the money, you can transfer it to the account of Skrill (former Moneybookers) or any such money service. In this case, you may have to pay a transfer fee depending on the marketplace. Then you can bring that money from Skrill to any bank account in your country. At this stage, the bank may deduct another transfer fee from you. In this case, you have to keep in mind that the bank must have a SWIFT Code. Otherwise, your money will not be transferred from Skrill. The whole process takes about a month for the first transaction. Subsequent transactions take place within seven days. You can see the following link to get the SWIFT Code of the banks of Bangladesh:
- Payoneer Card: For a certain amount of money you can get a card to withdraw money from your marketplace at any time. It’s like a debit card. With this card, you can withdraw money deposited in your marketplace at any time through ATM from anywhere in the world. With this card, you can withdraw money as well as shop online. It will even allow any of your relatives or friends abroad to send you money from their MasterCard or Visa card.
- Direct transfer from the client: When someone becomes your regular client, you no longer have to go to the marketplace to get projects from them. He will contact you directly by e-mail or any other means to give the project and transfer the payment of the project directly to your bank account.
Challenges of Freelancers & freelancing tips for Beginners:
When it comes to working with freelancing, there are endless possibilities as well as some challenges.
There is no set time to work, the client has to show the progress of the work whenever he wants. It can affect your daily personal life.
The monthly income of those who are new to freelancing can fluctuate considerably. And must follow my freelancing tips for Beginners.
Not all clients have the same promise, even if the work is done, some people pay the full payment later than the promised time.
In Bangladesh, this profession has not yet received much social recognition. But people’s attitudes are rapidly changing.
Some exceptional marketplaces
Upwork.com, peopleperhour.com, Freelancer.com – In addition to these conventional sites, there are some exceptional freelancing sites. Here is a brief description of them.
99designs.com: This graphic design based site is awarded prizes through competition. And the prize money for this site is much better than any other site. Here the client will give the job description as per his requirement, you do not have to make an application to get the job. You will design according to the needs described by him and upload it on the competition page. The client will see your design. Many more designers like you will upload their designs to the client. He will choose the design that the client will like and in the end will give the prize or project money to the perfect designer.
themeforest.net: Themeforest is a popular site for graphics designing work. Graphic designers can sell their design templates here and developers can sell HTML and CSS coding as well as design. Themes are sold in ThemeForest, and Graphicriver for selling graphics, CodeCanyon for selling code, Photodune for selling stock photography, and 3Dation for selling 3D animation are quite popular marketplaces. we discuss here about ThemeForest earnings and freelancing tips for Beginners.
Two other such exceptional but popular marketplaces are designcrowd.com and fiverr.com you can read freelancing tips for Beginners and earn more from Fiverr.
- A large portion of the freelancing projects come from western countries, with our time difference being 5 to 12 hours. Bidding starts almost as soon as simple projects are posted. So you need to bid at night at the beginning of your freelancing career.
- To understand whether the work is genuine, first of all, take a good look at the account of the person who posted the project. Check out others’ feedback about him. See if he verifies the payment. When you get the project after bidding, ask him how he wants to pay, when he can pay.
- Try to retain good clients. You will not get the same usage from all the clients, try your best to retain the one whose use is better. In the future, you can get a good project with his hands.
- If you have Escrow service in the marketplace where you are working, make maximum use of it. Escrow is a money deposit service in the marketplace that ensures you get paid at the end of the day. When talking about a project, you can ask the client to deposit the entire amount of the fee in Escrow. Once the money is deposited in Escrow, the client cannot take it back. When the project is over, he will discharge the money from Escrow to your account. If your client does not pay, you can claim your dues from the appropriate authority through this Escrow service.
- For some projects, the Employer arranges interviews. It is better not to bid for the projects for which the interview has already started because since the interview has already started, the chances of getting work from them are much less.
6. Learn to handle work stress and follow all the freelancing tips for Beginners. The workload in the freelancing profession is not always the same. Controlling yourself when the pressure is too high is a big challenge. Develop a good eating habit as a preparation for this. Maintain punctuality.
7. Keep an eye on modern technological advances. Try to improve the quality of your work all the time. This will help you maintain a good profile.
8. Without accepting any project proposal suddenly, think about whether you can complete the work 100 percent.This the great freelancing tips for Beginners.
- You have to give a cover letter while bidding in some marketplaces. In this case, the cover letter must be relevant. Do not use the same template in all cover letters. Try to make all your cover letters yourself, it will show your creativity.
- Always keep your workplace clean and tidy. Be sure to take a break in between work. You can keep a small notebook with you to remember your daily activities.
- Maintain professional dress and manners during any communication with the client or audio/video interviews.
- Be sure to ask the client if you like your work. You can learn a lot from client feedback.
Bangladesh in outsourcing:
The three most popular marketplaces among Bangladeshi freelancers are upwork.com, Freelancer.com, peopleperhour.com. Bangladesh is in a very good position on these three sites.
Upwork is the largest outsourcing company. Bangladesh is now ranked 3rd in this largest marketplace for freelancing. At present, there are 6,000 active Bangladeshi freelancers in Odesa and the participation of Bangladeshis is increasing day by day. For this reason, Upwork has organized ‘Contractors Appreciation Day (2012) in Bangladesh and all the top officials of Upwork have visited Bangladesh on several occasions on behalf of Upwork. In 2009, Bangladeshi freelancers did 2 percent of Upwork’s total work. By 2012, that stood at 12 percent. In the quarter of 2012, Bangladeshi freelancers worked 620,000 hours at Upwork.
Freelancer.com has more than 25,000 registered freelancers. The position of Bangladeshis on the second most popular site freelancer.com is also satisfactory. Bangladeshis do a lot of social media marketing and search engine optimization work on this site. Many Bangladeshi programmers have now started working on Freelancer.com as the latest Striplans.com site was bought by a freelancer.
Bangladesh is also at the forefront of other popular online marketplace Alliance. In a recent report, Ilan’s authorities named the top 25 countries in the Contractor by Geography category. This list contains the name of Bangladesh. The United States is in the top position and India is in the second position. According to the published information, there are currently 39,195 Bangladeshi registered freelancers on the site (as of April 7, 2013). The average work cost of Bangladeshis here is $9 per hour. So far, Bangladeshi freelancers have earned US 4.9 million from this site.
Bangladeshis mainly work on Data Entry and SEO / SEM / SMM. Also, the amount of other work including Web Development, Software Development, Writing & Content, Design, and Multimedia & Architecture. Web development or software development projects cost more. Bangladeshi freelancers need to be more involved in such activities. It is seen that a Bangladeshi search engine optimizer works for $3 to $5 per hour while a web developer in the United States charges 30 to 100 dollars per hour. It is only because of his skill that he can charge such a huge amount of money. In this case, Bangladeshi freelancers need to acquire more skills.
The contribution of financing to the economy of Bangladesh
A large part of the foreign exchange reserves we need in this country, which is dependent on imports, comes from expatriate Bangladeshis. In 2012, Bangladeshi workers abroad sent about 14 billion (Source: World Bank). Assuming a growth rate of 10 percent per year, by 2015 it will be close to US 19 billion.
Let’s move on to the outsourcing industry. Freelancers in Bangladesh have earned more than Tk 365 crore in 2012. In 2015, a total of 443 billion dollars worth of work will be outsourced. If we could take 10% of this market share, it would be about 45 billion US dollars, and if we could take 5% of the market share, it would be about 23 billion US dollars, which would exceed the current largest sector of our foreign exchange earnings.
About 50 percent of our country is women. And a large part of these women affect the national economy – they rarely do such work. But if a large part of them want to spend 3-4 hours a day sitting at home, you can earn at least 3-4 dollars a day by freelancing as 1 dollar per hour. If the total number of working people is 6 crore, then there are 3.5 crore women. Of these, if educated young women and women are half a crore and it is possible to develop them as freelancers, then the income from this field will be 1.5 crores per day. This amount of income will stand at 500 crore dollars per year.